End of Year 1 exam: Learner response

 1) Grade: 7

2) Intertexuality: when 1 media text references another media text, for example when Doctor Who appeared in the pilot episode of Class

3) Yes i wrote only about the scene shown, on 1.2 and 1.3 . To make both the questions better i could've been more specific and made my point clearer using more examples.

4) On question 2 I wrote about both Class and Doctor Who, and used examples and compared. I could've used more theories, like Stuart Hall's reception theory.

5) Are you happy with your End of Year 1 exam result? 

- I'm really happy with what i have achieved, because I reached a grade above my target grade.

6) What will you do differently for the next set of mock exams in November/December?

    For the next set of mocks i hope to be able to have a better time management. In the test i wasnt able to write as much i would've like to because of the timing.

7) Write THREE things you need to revise or practice before your next TV assessment 

media theories

- go over all the CSPs (mainly magazine)

- I need to also practice writing faster to achieve more

8) What final overall grade do you hope to achieve in GCSE Media Studies this time next year?

I hope to achieve a 7 or an 8 for GCSE Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OMO advert analysis

statement of intent for media 2-minute film

Doctor Who: Industry and Audience blog tasks